Lets see the man caves... Pics Pls

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Stormin30, Mar 25, 2009.

Stormin30

Stormin30 Member

Lets see the man caves... Pics Pls

I have seen some very sweet fly tying rooms in other sister sites and think that a topic of setting up a Man Cave is ideal for the FTBug. I want to see the new setup Rick has the last pics of his fly material was all boxed up with Prof's adult movies :-X enough said about that.
    I would like to see the set up that FForever has now. And Finders sweet shop.

The purpose for this post is to find effective ways to store and setup a smooth running tying area. Nothing worse than taking the gear out and struggling to find the stuff needed.

I for years have been setup in a portable :-[ sewing kit that I recieved from my Grandmother. I must say that it has served me well over the years and will be a great travel kit for the over nighters in the camper this year. Pics attached

I have just inherited a 120 year old roll top desk with all the letter trays. Sweat to hold fly materials. This is the begining of my basement man cave. Not to mention that this desk was my GGGreat Grandfathers that was the Sherif of CHWK before it was a city!

So if you have any great must have tools for storage of and organization please help save me and several Newbs years of trial and erorr. I know some members have a small fortune in materials and rooms to drool over.

Thanks
    Stormin30
    professori

professori Member

Re: Lets see the man caves... Pics Pls

I'm lucky enough to have a room to myself. Not big, but it works.
    Fish Finder

Fish Finder New Member

Very nice boys. :) Those look like a few places where a guy can find some solice from the hectic traffic of his house. ;D I'll add some shortly.

Finder :)
    Min

Min Member

That portable sewing kit looks kind of cool!!

I'm trying to get something organized and portable for myself. Lots of good ideas around, it's interesting to see all the different solutions.

Min
    johnk

johnk Member

I prefer to call it "The Dungeon". (probably because I only get an hour of yard time and don't get fed until my daily quota is done)
    rick baerg

rick baerg Administrator Staff Member

IMGP5448.JPG
    IMGP5451.JPG

Looks great John, must be nice to have all that room!! mine is a room that is 4'x7'
    Islander

Islander New Member

WOW, wait till I show my wife what I'm missing! She thinks I'm taking up a lot of space -me having my own desk and all!
    These are some sweet man caves & a killer dungeon there johnk
    sunpeaksfish

sunpeaksfish New Member

wow.... I must upgrade my storage system, those display boards look great!! Wonder where i could pick some up??
    ThaSandman

ThaSandman Member

nice man caves guys....

and Rick, that's a fantastic hardwood desk - very expensive for just tying flies ;) ;D
    11th warrior

11th warrior New Member

Home Depot should have it.
    rick baerg

rick baerg Administrator Staff Member

HEHE, its left over laminate flooring ;D Works great!!
    fisherforever

fisherforever New Member

Took some time and cleaned up ;D [​IMG]