Hi from NZ

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Rudy, May 1, 2012.

Rudy

Rudy New Member

Hi all,

I live in Christchurch, NZ. I have been tying "utilitarian" flies since I was a young guy, but a few years ago desired to tie a better-looking fly. I started to get involved in forums and think I've watched all of Davie McPhail's videos. I really enjoy seeing how experienced tiers break a fly down into its parts, and how they put one together so precisely.

I enjoy fly tying as a hobby in its own right - if I could never fish again, I'd still enjoy tying. Apart from filling boxes to the brim, tying lets me dream of fishing, lets me escape for a little while. I follow a number of blogs, and am involved in a couple of forums. I must say this is a very nice, friendly site.
    rick baerg and colin Danenberger like this.
    Hans Weilenmann

Hans Weilenmann Well-Known Member

Hi Rudy,

Living in the Low Countries I am exactly 12 hours apart from you, still we share the same passion and get to meet in places like this one to interact with others with similar interests. Pretty neat, huh? :cool:

Welcome.

Hans W
    colin Danenberger likes this.
    Qfly

Qfly Fly Tying

Hi Rudy
    Welcome aboard the wonderful country of New Zealand zdrówko.gif
    Darwin

Darwin Well-Known Member

Hi Rudy and welcome to the bug. Beautiful city and country you live in. :D (have not been, only seen pictures)
    Red Fly

Red Fly Guest

Welcome M8 they be a friendly bunch in here and like to share there knowledge and friendly banter
    Chris Schumacher

Chris Schumacher Active Member

Welcome to the group Rudy! Make yourself at home.
    Joseph Russell

Joseph Russell Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi Rudy welcome aboard
    Garhan

Garhan Fly Fishing my love and Fly Tying my mistress.

Welcome aboard.
    Byron Thiel

Byron Thiel Well-Known Member

Hi Rudy. I,ve always dreamed of fishing in NZ, but alas will never live long enough. Hopefuly your posts will give some idea of the wonderful fishing there
    colin Danenberger

colin Danenberger Active Member

welcome from the usa :) Hi Rudy have a good day man :)